Tuesday, March 8, 2011

love, love, love

“Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible — it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.”
- Barbara De Angelis

I have finally come to rest with the fact that I am in love with Gary - my 40+ friend and I don’t give a damn. He’s a mess, but I love him anyway. On March 5th, I was sandwiched between him and my Aunt on his bed. We all were asleep and I was in rapture. It was a moment unlike any I’ve ever experienced, and being as close as I was to the man I love was enchanting - I’m still warm from the memory. I’ve been with other men his age, but this is the first all-encompassing love I’ve ever felt - and it’s for a man who will most likely never see me beyond a young friend. It was his birthday, and he was delighted by our company and genuine appreciation for his character - I was almost worried he was going to cry. I really do love him, and have for 3 years - hopefully not in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment