Tuesday, March 8, 2011

redux

While this blog is in its infancy, I'll point out that instead of pirouetting around the truth, I'm barebones-honest on here. I'm reluctant to post a full blown identity, but I will mention that in addition to my introductory post, I'm a true chameleon. My colours change like the day, and being bipolar is nothing to hanker after. I remember a time that I revelled in my mental illness - until I tripped over the stigma and morbid curiosity that's attached.

One truly infuriating about me is that I lie - in a nutshell I've always been a pathological liar. This blog is a way for me to learn how to speak truthfully. I remember being thoroughly chastised for my soothsaying in school, but it really didn't deter me. I was a master at keeping poker face, and I never had "tells" or "ticks" that gave myself away. But at 18, I want to be honest, and instead of spouting fortunes, tell people verisimilitude. I feel, though, that when I do tell the truth, that it's as if I've removed a piece of myself and given it to the other person - that I don't own those words anymore. It's become opensource code for everyone who may have overheard.

I'm a dedicated student, and despite years of clawing interruptions, my academia is my number one priority at this point. I'm a 10th grader, and I'm running ... somewhere, somewhere I can scoop out my innards and put them on display. KIDDING!

Aspirations? Just to finish school, and kick my ED in the ass.

No matter what 'Wasting Jane," writes from my head and heart primarily - no filtering necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment